2018: Atlantic Canada's Coastal Wonders with Ocean train to Montreal (8825)
11 days from Halifax to Montreal
HALIFAX Four Points by Sheraton Halifax (MF)CHARLOTTETOWN Charlottetown Inn & Conference Centre (MF)BADDECK Ceilidh Country Lodge (ST)VIA RAIL OCEAN TRAIN Sleeper Plus ClassMONTREAL Best Western Ville Marie Hotel & Suites (F)
Call (205) 437-1047 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13883163
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Halifax||Welcome to Canada's Maritimes region. Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Halifax||This morning, visit one of the most picturesque spots in all of Canada-beautiful Peggy's Cove. Its historic lighthouse overlooking the Atlantic Ocean provides one of the most memorable views you will ever see. Enjoy a visit to the ACADIAN MAPLE shop and learn about the history and production methods of making pure Nova Scotia maple syrup. Afterward, journey to the fishing village of Lunenburg, and visit the FISHERIES MUSEUM OF THE ATLANTIC, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Experience Atlantic Canada's seafaring heritage on your guided tour of the museum. Don't miss the magnificent aquarium filled with local species. Afterward, free time to explore the quaint Main Street before returning to Halifax. Complete your day with a sightseeing tour of Halifax's charming downtown, the waterfront, and Public Gardens.|
|Day 3||Charlottetown||This morning, travel to HOPEWELL ROCKS and learn about the highest and wildest tides in the world, which rise and fall up to 52 feet. Time and tide have carved from the cliffs and coves distinctive sandstone formations topped with trees. Many of the formations have nicknames inspired by their appearance. Drive across the 8-mile-long Confederation Bridge and onto Prince Edward Island.|
|Day 4||Charlottetown||Today, you will come to know the rolling landscapes of Prince Edward Island, the backdrop of the acclaimed novel, Anne of Green Gables. A guided tour of the island includes a visit to North Rustico's celebrated wharf, dotted with fishing boats and lobster traps. Delightful Cavendish, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NATIONAL PARK'S picturesque beaches, along with a visit to the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES FARMHOUSE, a National Historic Site. This evening, consider an optional outing and enjoy a lobster supper at a local restaurant.|
|Day 5||Baddeck||Take a ferry from Wood Island to the mainland of Nova Scotia. Journey east along the Sunrise Trail via Antigonish and the Canso Strait to Cape Breton Island and Bras d'Or Lake. Arrive in Baddeck, the summer home of Alexander Graham Bell, for a 2-night stay.|
|Day 6||Baddeck||A highlight today is the Cabot Trail, explored by John Cabot in 1497. You will enter CAPE BRETON HIGHLANDS NATIONAL PARK via one of the most spectacular scenic highways on the continent, with the surrounding landscape strikingly reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands. Enjoy panoramic views of rugged cliffs, deep valleys, forested slopes, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Gulf of St. Lawrence.|
|Day 7||Halifax||Today begins with a visit to the fascinating ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MUSEUM. See exhibits tracing the achievements of the great inventor. Afterward, leave the island and return to Halifax, Nova Scotia's capital.|
|Day 8||Montreal||VIA Rail's Ocean train links Halifax and Montreal. Travel hundreds of miles while sleeping in comfort and wake up in a different region of Canada! Ride across New Brunswick to Quebec's largest city, Montreal. Accommodation on the train is in private double bedrooms. (D)|
|Day 9||Montreal||Morning arrival and transfer to your hotel for the next two nights. Enjoy free time in one of Canada's premier cities, a splendid combination of shopping and historic districts with historic architecture. Discover excellent restaurants, lively nightspots, and countless festivals. Don't forget to visit the Notre Dame Basilica and Olympic Park, or try your luck at the Casino de Montreal. (CB on Day 9)|
|Day 10||Montreal||Morning arrival and transfer to your hotel for the next two nights. Enjoy free time in one of Canada's premier cities, a splendid combination of shopping and historic districts with historic architecture. Discover excellent restaurants, lively nightspots, and countless festivals. Don't forget to visit the Notre Dame Basilica and Olympic Park, or try your luck at the Casino de Montreal. (CB on Day 9)|
|Day 11||Montreal||The trip ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers are provided to Montreal International Airport.|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$610Triple Room Reduction per person:$120Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).